Rising strategy leaders who can benefit from shifting from tactical to strategic thinking; learning how to influence multiple stakeholders and gaining greater exposure to executive leaders and better understanding their priorities.
This training is a dynamic 3-part experience for clean water professionals transitioning into a higher-level strategic, executive role at their agency. A successful strategic executive views the entire organization as co-dependent parts working toward shared goals. To be a strategic leader, you must think more holistically, using both a short and long-term lens, and draw upon the past to understand the present which helps shape the future. This training is designed to support holistic thinking.
January 31, 2023, from 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. EST:
Part 1: 90-minute virtual learning session
February 14, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PST:
Part 2: Full-day in-person workshop at the NACWA Winter Conference, which is taking place Feb 13-16, 2023. Location: Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn in Sonoma, CA.
Part 3: At the February workshop, participants will select one of the following four topics for a virtual two-hour small group coaching session. We ask that participants place a hold on their calendars for all dates and times until their selection is confirmed in February.
- Topic 1 – Relationship Management; March 7 from 12:00-2:00 p.m. EST
- Topic 2 – Thinking & Mindset; March 9 from 12:00-2:00 p.m. EST
- Topic 3 – People & Culture; March 14 from 12:00-2:00 p.m. EST
- Topic 4 – Leadership Wisdom; March 16 from 12:00-2:00 p.m. EST
- Learned methods in all 4 components of the “Strategic Leader Shift Model,” which include: Thinking & Mindset, People & Culture, Relationship Management and Leadership Wisdom.
- Exploration of your personal leadership presence and your relationships with various stakeholders as a rising executive leader.
- Gained tools and resources to apply back on the job.
- Stronger professional network with other strategic clean water leaders.
$950 + Travel/lodging expenses and optional conference registration fee* for Part 2 of this training series.
*Staying for the full NACWA winter conference is not mandatory, however strongly encouraged for additional learning and networking opportunities. Conference registration for those enrolled in this pre-conference workshop will be offered at a reduced rate (amount TBD).
Enroll for the strategic leader training by December 15, 2022. If you choose to stay for the full NACWA Winter Conference, there will be a separate registration form for you to complete via email with the discounted rate noted (versus registering on the conference website). However, you will book your hotel room via the conference website.